Health Design Plus (HDP) was founded 1988 in Northeast Ohio as a Care Management company based on the premise that quality healthcare is cost effective healthcare. Patient advocacy and Member advocacy are central to the HDP mission, value and day-to-day operations.
HDP is served by a 5-member Board of Directors which is comprised of experienced and knowledgeable business people with extensive experience in corporate law, TPA administration, managed care administration and communications. The Board of Directors provide regular guidance and direction to assist HDP in the fulfillment of its corporate mission.
Strategic direction is provided by an Executive Team with extensive experience in healthcare administration, healthcare finance, PPO administration, insurance and risk management, healthcare informatics, medicine and nursing.
Ongoing operational leadership is provided by a Senior Team of subject matter experts in various areas of plan administration, including: claims adjudication, customer service, regulatory compliance, management of appeals and grievances, care management, reporting and analytics, discount negotiations, information systems and client management.
The following is a timeline of key events in HDP's history as an organization
- 1988...Founded as a care management company
- 1989...Began building provider networks for clients in areas of special needs
- 1996...Initiated integrated full-service TPA operation
- 1999...Acquired Professional Nurse Associates (maternity management)
- 2003...Completed five-vendor conversion as alpha site to Eldorado's new platform
- 2004...Completed first SAS 70 Type II audit
- 2005...Implemented upgraded website with customized portals, assessment tools, health information, secure communication options
- 2006...Achieved URAC Accreditation for both utilization & case management
- 2008...Gained access to tier-one national carrier network
- 2009...Received second, 3-year accreditation from URAC
- 2010...Launched Centers of Excellence medical tourism product line
- 2012...Expanded operations to Mesa, AZ
- 2013...Implemented CliniFit Centers of Excellence program for Wal-Mart